The main reasons for local hot spots in data centers are as follows:
1. The idle U-position gap in the cabinet causes the temperature rise in the cabinet.
2. The space between the bottom of the cabinet and the electrostatic floor causes the temperature in the cabinet to rise.
3. The matching of the density of the cabinet hole and the air volume of the equipment causes the temperature in the cabinet to rise.
II. Feasibility Analysis
The cabinet temperature reached 43.8 degrees, exceeding the maximum standard temperature of 3.8 degrees.
Manual Air Valve with Open Floor - Feasible (2 degree improvement expected)
Screen added - feasible (expected improvement of 2 degrees)
Refrigeration capacity - feasible (estimated 4 degrees)
Fan feeding - feasible (expected improvement of 4 degrees)
Most of the traditional solutions to local hot spots are to increase the cooling capacity of the whole room, which not only increases energy consumption, but also local hot spots appear from time to time. In addition, there is a point-to-point active refrigeration mode, i.e. rack-mounted precise air supply air conditioning. However, this mode has large investment, long deployment cycle and difficult deployment. Based on years of experience, relevant standards and best practices at home and abroad, solutions to local hot spots
There are seven main aspects.
1. Blocking the idle U-position without equipment to prevent the turbulence of air flow;
2. Seal up the space between the bottom of the cabinet and the electrostatic floor to prevent the phenomenon of hot air flowing back.
3. The matching degree between air supply and equipment demand. This index should ensure that the cabinet does not appear local overheating due to insufficient air supply from the micro point of view. Macroscopically speaking, the regional total air supply should be controlled between 90% and 110% of the total demand. And match and adjust the perforated floor opening rate, measure the air volume, according to the equipment demand supply.
Through the improvement and upgrading of local environment, the local hot spot phenomenon in data center has been significantly reduced, but the local hot spot phenomenon still exists due to the poor exhaust air, which needs further exploration.
Cooperate with manufacturers to develop customized cooling fans to increase the flow rate and flow rate of air in and out of the cabinet, solve the local overheating problem inside the cabinet, and balance the cold and hot air flow in the cabinet. By adding cooling fan, increase the flow rate and flow of the air, solve the problem of local overheating in the cabinet.
The data center is a dust-free machine room with ideal environment. There is no dust, oil mist, water vapor and other factors affecting the normal operation of the components in the cabinet. This test uses the air intake to install fans, and the air outlet to install fans to test separately.
Cold air passage temperature cabinet temperature
To sum up, eliminating and reducing local hot spots in data centers can not only ensure the safe and stable operation of equipment, but also build healthy and green data centers. No matter which scheme is adopted, we need to analyze the actual situation of our own data center. By deploying and implementing these solutions, we can provide a strong guarantee for the construction of a safe, stable, efficient and energy-saving data center.